Monday 1 November 2010

Student Feedback



Below are links to feedback I obtained during my Research Presentation last week.

I asked class mates to give me advice and feedback on areas where my research and findings excelled, as well as where I needed improvements so I could have an outside point of view on where my project was heading. In particular, I felt that gaining this feedback was critical for my chosen project genre (video games), as the people reviewing my ideas had barely any knowledge on the gaming industry, and would therefore see my presentation exactly how it was. This meant that comprehension would either be fully absorbed if I explained my research correctly or poor if I was presumptious about their contradictions. Click on the link to enlarge each image.

Feedback-1
Feedback-2
Feedback-3
Feedback-4

The general consensus surrounding my feedback as I presented my research, findings and complications to the class were that I had put a great deal of time into my research and I had a clear idea of what I wanted to do and how to get there. This encouraged me further to really underline my exact ideas for the production so far, as people who may or may not know anything about video games themselves collectively all think that I’m right on target, judging by the research trailers and my interpretations of them.

A lot of comments were also passed on my clear understanding of the subject matter; the genre of the video games, the development of the game itself as well as the growing gaming industry. However, as discussed in the presentation as well as knowing it myself, the most common limitation seen by the feedback was the lack of any knowledge of creating animation myself. This is indeed the biggest and most bewildering limitation of them all, as I have thought of and planned a game perfect for creation, but I can’t put it into graphics myself, so I must instead use real people. However, when I mentioned by plans to avoid the use of animation, a lot of feedback came back positive about how I had thought of every possible outcome for pretty much all of the situations and problems I could face.

Lastly, another limitation I received was the fact I will be undergoing the project entirely by myself. As this is not a problem I can solve myself as I chose to be alone, I do fully understanding the task I am taking on by isolating myself out of a group, but I feel that I will put more effort and time into perfecting a video game trailer other than any of the other options. The only way to stop the individualism becoming a problem would be to organise myself for each step of the way, both in class and out, and so far I would say I’m doing very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment