Thursday 7 April 2011

Making the Box Art

This didn't take too much hassle to plan as most boxarts are relatively simple and follow a general pattern of codes and conventions. Through my research I generally found that main graphics, title, developer and certification are to appear on the very frontal sleeve, so after editing my advertisement, I didn't hesitate to move the graphic to the other side of the canvas and work straight off it so no differences or anomalies would suffice. It was initially quick and simple to edit into the main graphic and the entirety of the front sleeve, so the next task was adding the contextual information and security details on the back cover. I used 3 more screen captures from my filming to make the game play elements on the background, specifically tailored to emphasize the co-operation and innovative combat methods within the narrative. I found difficulties in writing the blurb for the game as I never considered this during production and I didn't look a great deal into typical methods of description, however my final attempts seem to prove a success. Here was the finale of the design where I needed to implement the address and security/legal details of the game, including a warning surrounding its flashing and enhanced graphical nature. Most gamers will not suffer with said injuries, but it clears up legal difficulties if it is mentioned otherwise. A bar code, certification detailing reasons for particular age concerns and multiplayer/single player campaign and controller setting for those seeking further knowledge of game play abilities. The final piece turned out a lot better than I originally thought as I presumed I would not have enough graphics to put on, or there would be insufficient detail within the writing. The box art is typical of what I would expect to see in stores when I am browsing at games, and I used my own personal experience of browsing to place in the type of descriptions and technological specifics I look for on a games front and back sleeve. Here is my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment