Monday 20 September 2010

Give 5 detailed examples of a paper-based/research skill aquired/developed for your AS Coursework that will DIRECTLY be used in your A2 Coursework.

1) CREATING PLANS - This in particular was a skill I needed to enhance greatly as from a personal opinion I can be very unorganised. When I was given the role of 'Director', I also had to pick up the responsibilities of organising an entire group of people, as well as what had to be happening on a certain date. I had to help and guide friends of mine from an authoritive position into creating the best work they could and by the deadline I had set. I felt that this matured me a lot, as well as helping to clear my mind of what wasn't needed on the project, leaving me and my group with only the crucial work left.

2) ORGANISATION - As pre-mentioned, by organisational skills took a huge leap from the beginning of the year until the end, and I'm hoping to take this further as the final year is most important in reflecting my understanding and development of all the skills I have been taught over the past 2 years. I blogged a lot last year about things that had happened in a particular lesson, even if they weren't relevant to the final evaluation, but the memories I typed would help me to remember certain other things that I could write about. As well as this, simple things such as a Homework Diary, neat folders on my Computer System and a more organised note system will all be in place to help me maintain as organised as I was last year.

3) WORKING TO DEADLINES - Once again, this is a skill I did impressively last year, but will need to be heightened this year as the work load is increasing rapidly. As well as this year being tougher all round, I am now completing the A2 project entire on my own, so I will only have myself to answer to if I don't complete a piece of work on time. I won't have the help of others to guide me or give me some assistance, which is something that I will indeed miss from last year, but I now have an opportunity to prove to myself that I can reach critical deadlines if I just remain focused and organised.

4) IN-TEAM ROLES AND JOBS - From last year’s group, I developed an understanding in what it is like to be a director and how to lead a group. This unfortunately meant I missed out on some other skills that my partners may have enhanced over me, such as recording and editing skills. Though with my very technology-filled mind I should be able to catch up. This however is something I wish I could of changed; the limitations of our roles last year. I was strictly a director, whereas another person would be strictly an editor. I feel that if we had shared some roles or been taught by the other member, certain skills could of been passed over, as well as furthering our communication and feedback capabilities.

5) GROUP 'MEETINGS' FOR DISCUSSIONS - This was something I was keen on doing as much as possible, as it was a perfect window of opportunity to talk with my group mates about their worries and excitement about the coming course, as well as how they were developing in their specific areas. I tended to take notes and keep them in a folder for later use, as this meant I could record all of our thoughts in case we needed them at a later date, as well as passing on inspiration from one person to another. We critiqued each other work and progression and then we would go off and continue how we were, perhaps with new ideas to introduce. Overall, I think this helped bonding and the flow of communication greatly, I felt I could say what I felt with the group and not just bite my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment